A POS Preset is a button linked to a product allowing you to quickly select the product rather than scanning or searching for it. Presets are ideal for the following scenarios:
- Items that are not suitable for Barcoding
- Adding a Preset for Carrier Bag charges
- Service charges such as Adjustments and Hire
- Cafeteria items
- Selling at department level rather than unit level
Creating a Preset
On the Stock System
Firstly you need to create a product in your stock system. You can specify a price on the product or set the price to 0 if you wish for the POS to prompt for a price at the time of selection. Once the product has reached the POS (You may need to force a PLU file) you are ready to create your Preset.
On the POS.
- Enter the 'Supervisor Menu', the Menu where X-Z reads (Enter your Supervisor code and press Menu)
- Enter the 'Setup Menu'
- Press 'Presets Setup' (Enter your Sector Security Code)
- You will be informed that you are now in Program Mode, press OK
- You will now see your existing presets and unused buttons, select an unused button for your new Preset
- Enter a name for the Preset
- When prompted 'Do you want to add an item already in your database?' choose Yes
- Search and select the product
- When prompted 'Prompt for Size at Sale time' choose No
- It's possible to create a Preset that is not linked to a product, this should be avoided as no record will be sent back to your stock system.
- To make additional pages visible you must name them, right click the page tab to name the page.