Vision is a reporting tool accessible from within TRIMS or directly from your web browser.
Open the TRIMS menu > Analysis > Vision
- [a] Access your reports on any device that supports HTML5, use Android, IOS (iPhone,iPad,etc) or directly from within TRIMS
- [b] Scan this QR code from your device to navigate straight to your report
- [.c] Vision is responsive, which means it will resize to work on any screen size
- [d] Type this URL into your browser to access Vision on other devices
- [e] Access available report templates
- [f] Access your custom reports (templates with saved criteria)
Press [e] to pull out the report menu and get started
Choosing a Report Template
The Report Template menu lists all of the reports available to you [h], grouped into categories [g]. You can configure which of your users have access to reports using the TRIMS Devices App.
With reports being so configurable, one single report could list under any of these categories. As a general rule here are the main characteristics of the categories:
- Financial – These reports display data to the penny and should be used when providing financial data to accountants and 3rd party systems. All other categories round up to zero decimal places to make reports easier to read.
- Inventory – By default any inventory report will include zero stock and zero sales, so any product that fits the criteria will be included.
- Sales – By default any sales report will exclude zero sales, so only products that have been sold are included.
- Replenishment - Reports in this category are for replenishing stock.
- Mobile Optimised - Reports that are styled in a way that work best on mobile devices with small screens.
- Data Export - Reports that generate data that can be used with 3rd party systems and suppliers.
Any reports with a Beta label [i] are new reports that have not yet been signed off as complete. We include these reports as we find our customers like to see, test and feedback on reports whilst we are creating them. Please be aware that any report with a Beta label has the potential to show incorrect data.
Configuring Your Report
Once you’ve selected a Report Template, the configuration screen will automatically open. You can open and close the report configuration screen at any point by pressing the Configuration Cog [j].
A Quick Guide to Configuration:
- [k] The name of the report you are configuring.
- [l] Period Tab – Use this tab to select the time period for elements of your report such as sales and stock delivered.
- [m] Criteria Tab – Use this tab to select report groupings specific to this report and to set filters.
- [n] Sorting Tab – Choose the report headings that you want to sort by.
- [.o] Options Tab – Miscellaneous options can be set here.
- [p] Save Tab – Save your configuration as a customer report on this tab.
Criteria Tab in Detail
The way in which you can configure the criteria grid [q] changes per report, but the interface for doing so remains the same. Pressing the new filter button [.r] will popup a selector where you first select the parameter that you wish to filter by, you then select the values for that parameter, a new line will then be displayed. In this example we selected the attribute CO-Colour and some values for it, this means the report is only going to include products with colour values that equal the list against CO-Colour.
Some criteria options are forced upon you as they are required for the report to function, these will already be displayed in the grid, in this example these are System & Grouping. These can be edited [s] or cleared [t], they can not be removed. Filters that you add can also be edited [s], but not cleared, pressing [t] will remove your filter.
Press GO [u] at any time to run your report. The configuration screen will automatically close when a report is building, you can re-open the configuration screen at any point by pressing the Configuration Cog [j]. When a report is building the Configuration Cog flashes to indicate that the system is processing your report.
Viewing The Report
Your report will now be displayed [z]. Your report may display before it is fully loaded, page progress is displayed in an overlay label whilst loading, you are able to use the report whilst this takes place.
A Quick Guide to the View
- [v] Refresh & Page Navigation.
- [w] Export menu – please note this is only available when accessing Vision from a web browser, not from within TRIMS.
- [x] Print
- [y] Zoom / Fit
Save Custom Reports
Save reports once you’ve configured the criteria so that you can quickly access and re-run them in future.