The Checkout Price Rules module streamlines the process of creating and using multi-buy promotions
To create a multi-buy promotion in TRIMS:
- Open TRIMS and head to Promotions and then Checkout Price Rules
- In Checkout Price Rules, select “Add Checkout Rule”
- In the window that appears, enter a Name and Description for the promotion.
- Enter a Start date and End date for the promotion.
- Depending on the type of the promotion, enter your rule
- Set price sets the price of the items in the promo to one fixed price - this is used for promotions such as buy 2 for £5, in that situation, you would enter the value as 5.
- Discount off cheapest is used for discounting the cheapest item in the promotion for example buy one get one free (discount 100% of cheapest).
- Overall discount percentage applies a discount to the total value of the items.
- The parameters tab allows you to apply multiple parameters that must be met in order for the promotion to be applied
- In the screen that subsequently appears, press the “add criteria” button
If you are wondering what the Combined/Singles option means... Singles means the proposed quantity of a single item whereas Combined means the proposed quantity of any combination of the filtered items.
- Filter for the items that you wish to be included in the promotion. A useful tool here is the description product picker:
- In the Criteria screen, enter the number to be included in the multi-buy. In the case of the 3 for £10 example, 3 will need to be entered:
- Press the save button
- You can set up as many separate filters in one promotion as required.
- Once you have completed the promo set up, set your promotion active