The ‘meal deal’ is a commonly run continuous promotion run by organisations that sell food.
The common implementation of this encourages the customer to purchase a ‘Main’ item, a ‘snack’ item and a drink for a set price as per the diagram below:
To create a Meal Deal promotion:
- Head to TRIMS - Promotions - Checkout Price Rules
- Select the “New Document” button:
- In the “New Checkout Rule” box, fill out all of the details Including the Name, Description and date parameters. As this is a continuity promotion, we have set the “End” field to be 2099.
- Choose “Set Price” from the options below and enter the price that your meal deal promotion will be. In this example, we have set it to £4:
- Press OK and choose your meal deal promotion from the draft section.
- In the draft section, press the “New Filter” button:
- In this case, we have called the filter “main”
- Ensure that the filter is set to = 1 and “single”:
- Filter for your Main products and press the refresh button and then “save”, in this case we have filtered for “sandwiches”, “wraps” and “Salads”:
- Repeat this process for your drinks and snacks.
- Once completed, your promotion should look like this:
- If you are confident that the promo is configured correctly - set it active:
NOTE: THIS WILL GO LIVE ON THE TILL IMMEDIATELY.